Blueberry and chocolate pancakes
By: simplycall 05 May 2014 (246)
This is a nice pancake recipe everybody will fully enjoy Nice with maple syrup
Foodlve > Blueberry and chocolate pancakes (Food Network )
Annabel Cohen / 3 hours ago
Sometimes, on weekend morning, we have a more elaborate breakfast. Last weekend, I decided to add some variety to the pancake recipe I usually make. There are also so many gluten free flours, it’s so nice to play with them. They all have their characteristic. I find buckwheat flour is a great substitute for whole wheat flour, which really give stomach pain to my daughter, a lot more than white wheat flour.
You can make more and warm them up the next day in the toaster a bit. You can also freeze them and they are available anytime you want. When you think that they are sold in the frozen section, much more unhealthier than the one you can make. And as I always say “Once I start, I might as well do a big batch” :-)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes/ pancake
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup (82ml) of arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) of salt
- 2 tbsp. (15ml) of baking powder
- 2tbsp. (30ml) of organic grounded flax seeds
- 6tbsp. (90ml) of water
- 3 tbsp.(45ml) of hemp seeds
- 3 cups (750ml) of almond milk
- 3tbsp. (45ml) of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (82ml) of organic melted coconut oil
- [Blueberry and chocolate pancakes] 1 mashed organic mashed banana
- 1tsp.(5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of organic chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of organic blueberries
In a small bowl, combine the grounded flax seeds and the water and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a food processor or with a good knife, finely chop the chocolate chunks.
In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, the sorghum flour, the quinoa flour, the arrowroot starch, the salt, the baking powder.
Mix in the almond milk, the flax seeds mix, the maple syrup, the mashed banana, the coconut oil, the vinegar, the vanilla extract.
Once you get a smooth batter, mix in the chocolate and the blueberries.
Heat you pan and add a bit of oil so it doesn’t stick. Pour in 1/2 cup (125ml) of batter. Wait until you see holes on top before you flip them.
Serve them with maple syrup. It’s spring :-)
Image Source | Blueberry and chocolate pancakes | Post Source
The Cherry Share is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.