GREAT HOLIDAY EATING TIPS
By: Manuela-Gi 16 Dec 2012 (225)
Remember this “Holiday” motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a cup of Hot chocolate in one hand, a bowl of ice cream & pie in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride"
Tips > GREAT HOLIDAY EATING TIPS (Tips )
GREAT "HOLIDAY" EATING TIPS
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table
knows nothing of the Holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately.
Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly, It's rare. You cannot
find it any other time of year but now. So drink up Who cares that it has
10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-aholic or something.
It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think.
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy.
Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes.
Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating.
The whole point of going to a Holiday party is to eat other people's food for free.
Lots of it. … Hello?
5. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they’re made with Skim or Whole milk. If skim, why bother?
It’s like buying a Sports car with automatic transmission.
6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year’s.
You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do.
This is the time for long naps, which you’ll need after circling the buffet table,
while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted cookies
in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge.
Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention.
They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind,
you're never going to see them again.
8. Same for pies; Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each.
Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin.
Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? …Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory, celebratory calories,
but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have SOME standards.
10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table,
you haven't been paying attention.
Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.
Remember this “Holiday” motto to live by:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
a cup of Hot chocolate in one hand, a bowl of ice cream & pie in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride"
GREAT HOLIDAY EATING TIPS
Disclaimer: The Cherry Share - Foodlve web and mobile content are contributions from The Cherry Share web or mobile users, and The Cherry Share and Foodlve are not responsible for copyrights, validity or any other issue related to the content or products, however would like to hear from you, by reporting any copyrights, validity or any other issue, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for this matter