Mini Spiderman Cake
By: ohsweetday 21 Oct 2013 (252)
Mini Spiderman Cake - My kids birthdays are close. We celebrate their birthdays together and it became a yearly ritual.
Food Recipes > Mini Spiderman Cake (Ingredients )
This year my son is old enough to not want to share the same birthday cake with his sister. Considered that we were still able to do one party for them both, I thought making two cakes wasn’t really a big deal.
Despite the fact that I make cakes all the time, my son is never a cake person. He can be very picky when it comes to sweet stuff. It’s his birthday, it had to be something that I knew he would like. And what else would that be? The most boring Spiderman cake!
I didn’t go all crazy to build a fondant Spiderman sculpture. I’ve never liked to use fondant because it tastes gross to me, instead I used buttercream. The most challenging part is the coloring. The amount of coloring that you need to create the deep black and red color is enormous. The whole bottle of coloring paste! NO KIDDING!
My suggestion to you who is going to make deep red buttercream: get no-taste red coloring paste, because most of the red coloring paste has a bitter after taste if you have to use a large amount of color.
Ingredients (5-inch 3-layer cake):
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 oz red no-taste food coloring paste
- 1/2 oz black food coloring paste
Mini Spiderman Cake
Disclaimer: The Cherry Share - Foodlve web and mobile content are contributions from The Cherry Share web or mobile users, and The Cherry Share and Foodlve are not responsible for copyrights, validity or any other issue related to the content or products, however would like to hear from you, by reporting any copyrights, validity or any other issue, please send email to email@example.com for this matter