Spicy healthy vegan lentil soup
By: Myfoodpass 01 Apr 2015 (1061)
Super healthy spicy lentil soup Vegetarian
Healthy for Life > Spicy healthy vegan lentil soup (Health )
Spicy lentil soup
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp indian curry powder
1/2 tsp thyme
2 x 16 oz tins diced tomato
1 cup dried green lentils
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups water
1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
1/4 - 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 lemon, juiced
- Rinse the lentils in cold water, drain.
- Finely chop garlic and onion, dice the carrots.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots and garlic.
- Fry until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, curry and thyme.
- Fry 2 minutes then pour in the dry lentils, stock, water, tomatoes, chili, salt and pepper.
- Partially cover the pot and cook on low heat for 25-30 minutes until the lentils is tender.
- Remove 1 1/2 cup of the soup into a blender and purèe until smooth.
- Pour it back into the pot together with the baby spinach.
- Bring to boil and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add lemon juice and season with salt.
Image Source | Spicy healthy vegan lentil soup | Post Source
The Cherry Share is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.